Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your web site:
– The home page will not quickly let you know what the Web page is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Web page and find out what the internet site is about, what sort of products it sells, www.tpz.alor what it is advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and audio but which you have to watch for five to ten moments before you are taken up the real Net site), and other Web design features that sketch interest faraway from your Site, products, and/ or products and services.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without links, backlinks that take you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without having links back to the home web page (always include a link back towards the home page so that regardless of where guests are, they can find their way back house! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you could have a marketing marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web-site is not really your marketing strategy. Your Internet site is just a part of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a booming restaurant although want to market and promote your business on the internet. Creating a Web page is great, but if it is not offered and publicized, no one will ever find it. By passing out business cards with your Web site URL embossed on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to enhance your Site. If you give a downloadable/ printable coupon out of your Web site, you are successfully using your Site as part of your online marketing strategy to meet objective of elevated restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Website relevance and content updating. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting a Web site that is grossly out of date. Completely wrong pricing, goods no longer offered, dated articles, and historic advertising all signify for the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site is suffering considerably. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will take away the visitor out of getting the stage of your Web-site (the five-second rule said earlier).
– Avoid just too many text results. Forget flashing text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing more than annoy your internet site visitor. Do create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or images that visitors are overcome by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web site so that you no longer overwhelm your site visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your Web site. They were cool a decade ago, playing with today’s specialist environment, they are really just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors do want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the truth that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames in Web site design. The use of support frames within a Web page will drive customers away faster than anything!
– DO include the proper Web-site design elements to ensure that your Web site is ready to be found by search engines.